Monday, March 28, 2016

Found Fourths Spring is Here!

Hello! Welcome to my first Found Fourths post! Found fourths is where I'll write about something that was found, weather it be something physical, online, or a mental or emotional discovery.

   This week was the first week of spring and it has been glorious. We had a few days with lovely sunshine and even though I was inside for most of them, it make working in the drive through window a little more pleasant.

  Today was Easter Sunday. I would have loved to go to church, but rarely is that in the cards. I did get to spend some beautiful time with my flower in the sunshine. She likes being outside and her favorite outdoor activity is going down the slide. We've been trying to take walks when the weather is nice. Today we went to a place called Freedom Park. I'd only ever been there for the small water park that opened last summer. Found out today it had a nice walking trail. must have been about a half a mile.

Our neighbors have some nice yard decorations
 

  Earlier my flower and I tried to take pictures. We have a nice big pond behind out community. My flower was sitting on the wood fence, watching the ducks and geese. I heard something and my eyes went to the grass. Thinking was just the wind, went back to entertaining my daughter. I heard the grass rustle again and saw something move. It looked like a rat tail. Sure enough it moved again, but it was not attached to a rat. It had a head. It was a small snake.

My flowers favorite outdoor activity.

Growing up in Nevada, I knew all about snake safety. I had never actually seen a snake in Indiana though. I was caught completely unprepared. I didn't know what kind it was, so I whisked my daughter away quickly not wanting the worst to happen.

   So what did you find this week? Is the sun finally shining in your area?

Thanks for reading, see you next week.
Britanni



No comments:

Post a Comment